The Tiniest Township in Michigan: Point Aux Barques
For over 100 years Pointe aux Barques has been a private community. Consisting of 900 acres with 66 cottages located east just east of Port Austin.
Residents enjoy a clubhouse, private nine-hole golf course, tennis courts, woods, and shoreline at the tip of Michigan's Thumb.
The video is a pictorial story of the Pointe Aux Barques resort community. Established in 1897 and still going strong today. The private resort community is over a century old consisting of 66 cottages just east of Port Austin. It stretches over 900 acres of property located at the “tip of the thumb” in Huron County Michigan. There is a nine-hole golf course, tennis courts, clubhouse, barn, wooded trails, and shoreline on Lake Huron.
Related Reading About Pointe Aux Barques
- 1871 Great Fire - The Burning Great Lakes
- 1881 Fire: The Devastation of Parisville
- History of Pointe Aux Barques Michigan
- Pony Parade in Front of Garber Buick in Bad Axe Michigan
- Work Underway to Restore Historic Sawmill at Belle Isle Park